Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My daily drive

I started my new job the first week of October. It is in Buckhead off of Piedmont road and if anyone else works downtown then you know how the drive is to and from. In the past 2 months I have had at least 2 hours a day all to myself. This job has given me the opportunity to spend a lot of time thinking and talking to God. Today was no different except for the conversation I had.
Most of you at some point or another have heard someone tell you "God has big plans for you." I have always thought, if God has big plans for me, why would he tell you? Why doesn't he tell me? On my way home today, I once again wished I knew what His plan for me was. Why doesn't He show me?
The background picture on my phone is of my beautiful wife Renee and our beautiful daughter, Shae. As I was talking with God about his plan for me, my phone rang. I picked my phone up and it was then that I remembered exactly what his plan for me was. I stared at the picture of Renee and Shae and said "priest, protector, provider". God's plan for me is to be a faithful, loving, understanding, and respectful husband to my wife. To meet her every need. His plan for me is to be a loving and positive model for my daughter. His plan for me is to lead my family spiritually. To protect them and provide for them.
For me, this is going to be the start of standing up for my family and embracing what God has called fathers and husbands to do.
Hope everyone is doing well. Take care.

Scott

1 comment:

The Jacobs Family said...

Beautiful Scott. Very well said. Thank you for being bold like that and sharing.