Thursday, February 25, 2010

Snow covered Nebraska and the livings easy....

WOW!!! is it cold up here!!! Shae and I took 2 flights to come visit this frozen tundra-like state to see my best friend since 6th grade. That's forever in girl years!!! We had the worst lay-over EVER!!!! To top it all off, Shae is potty training (Doing SUPER too) but when we're taxied just off the runway with the fasten seat belt light illuminated waiting for the city of Milwaukee to open up the runway again in the middle of snow flurries and Shae says she, "HAS to go potty", it's not so pretty! haha no worries though... we made it to the potty after asking the attendant who had to ask the captain permission and took off after a short 90 minute delay.... HA! Thankfully, Shae slept almost the entire delay and flight snuggled up on my lap. It was so sweet!!

We went to the zoo and to a bouncy indoor play area today. Shae had soooo much fun!! Apparently we wore her out so much that she was ready to go eat!! She kept asking for dinner at 11am Nebraska time ;o)

I do have to say Shae is deathly afraid of dogs, FOR SURE. Lex and Jer have a little Malti-Pin that is 6 pounds, Marley. If Marley even looks at Shae I have to pick Shae Shae up, so as you can imagine Shae starts shaking and screaming if the little bitty dog gets close. Marley is a sweet girl, but Shae is just scared to death. I feel bad, but Lex and Jer have been sweet enough to separate her from Shae bird ;o)

Tomorrow we go swimming at an indoor park. YAY for a mediocre body in a swimsuit!!! Who's excited? HA! Since my belly is already pooching yet looks nothing like a pregnant belly I will be donning a cover-up over the ONLY swimsuit I own that I can find both pieces AND fits me.... Have I mentioned that NONE of my jeans fit me anymore? Yeah, that was a sad day when I packed them up for post baby days... But, nothing like a little shopping to lift my spirits!!! Scott took me birthday shopping for maternity jeans ;o) I even found a cute pair of skinny jeans!!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week!!

1 comment:

Nicola said...

That was the same reaction she used to have to Daff. And she got over that, so hopefully she'll get over it with the dog :). And don't let me forget to bring you my jeans next time I'm up your way! Glad you're all having fun! Tell Lexi I said HI!