Friday, June 4, 2010

HOW PRECIOUS!!! The woman in the room next to us just gave birth to a baby girl. We got to hear her last push and the birth of the baby. Then the sweet cry!! I told Scott that Mom just fell in love all over again....

It's funny, I thought when Shae was born she would take a piece of my heart. I had no idea my heart would double in size. Her first cry is still the sweetest sound I have ever heard in my entire life. I can only imagine the mother in the room next to us is feeling the same way ;o)

So, today I started my digoxen. I will also start the medicine to reduce the fluid being produced, Clineral. I still have to take calcium every 8 hours, blood pressure every 4 hours, EKG's daily, labs (bloodwork) daily, 15 minutes monitoring the babies hearts every 4 hours. So, needless to say I try to sleep when I can because I don't get a solid 8 at night or anything ;o)

Great news is we're in great hands. We have tons of prayers. And so many friends and family have stepped up to help with Shae and Charlie. Scott's brother, Tim, mowed our lawn, people have donated money, time, a hotel room & dinners. We are sooo incredibly grateful for the outpour of love and support!!

Maria, our nurse just brought in my Clineral so we have now started that medication too.

Please continue to pray for the boys.

Please pray for Scott & Momma Nancy as they leave tomorrow to head back home.

Please pray for Dad as he stays with me and works from here.


P.S. The lady that just gave birth is now gagging & dry heaving. Apparently she ate McDonald's right after giving birth... BAD IDEA. The sound was hillarious though. We prayed for her....


Now my turn...This is Scott

Most people may think that spending your birthday in the hospital would not be a rewarding experience. But I could think of no better place to be than with my beautiful wife and our 2 sons. It has been a great birthday. God has blessed me with another year of life and I am grateful for it. :)

Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes. I truly appreciate them.

Nancy and I are heading home tomorrow. I need to see Shae so she can get back to some normalcy and I need to catch up on bills and get back to work. Hopefully the next time I come down, Shae will be able to come with me. We are doing great. The room will be a bit busy tonight but we should be able to get SOME sleep. Thank you for all of the prayers and please know that we say prayers for everyone of you as well. Love you all!!

The Britts

No comments: